(Toronto, Ontario) The Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario (IBAO) is hosting its 98th Annual Convention October 17–18th in Niagara Falls. The event is the association’s largest platform to bring together brokers, insurers and industry partners to learn, share ideas and expand their professional network.
“The theme this year is Feed the Fire Within – a call to action for brokers to strengthen the channel in three ways: by focusing on the consumer, by getting involved in their communities, and by providing young brokers the opportunity to thrive and become future leaders,” said IBAO President Brian Purcell. “We want to inspire brokers and truly motivate them to take their businesses to the next level.”
This year’s event will feature informative, engaging and entertaining content designed specifically for brokers:
- Leveraging Perspective l Keynote by Warren Macdonald —Change Agent
- Cannabis is Legal — So What? l BIP Talk by Jay Rosenthal — Co-Founder & President, Business of Cannabis
- Inside the Black Box l BIP Talk by Sami Shaker — Physicist, Kodsi Forensic Engineering
- The Future of Ontario Auto l BIP Talk by the Doug Ford Administration
- Brokers of Influence PechaKucha l BIP Talk featuring brokers making bold moves and reinventing the rules of brokerage leadership
- Leading with Compassion l BIP Talk by Darby Allen — Former Fire Chief, Fort McMurray
- 5 Decisions Winners Make l CSR Seminar by Stuart Knight —Entrepreneur/Disruptor
- A new take on the CEO Panel, facilitated by David Coletto, Founding Partner of Abacus Data, a market research firm with a niche in connecting with the next generation of consumers
- Insurer Town Halls hosted by Economical Insurance, Gore Mutual, Intact Insurance, The Guarantee, RSA, Travelers Canada and Wawanesa Insurance
The focus of this year’s Members’ Meeting will be an important vote on the true value proposition of the association.
“We need to ensure that as an association, we’re in alignment with our evolving membership base,” said IBAO CEO Colin Simpson. “In response to current industry trends and the need to demonstrate real value for Member’s investment in the IBAO, we’ll be proposing a new fee structure going forward.”
Other Convention highlights include the Awards of Excellence Gala hosted by comedian James Cunningham, which recognizes top achievers in the broker channel, and the largest tradeshow yet with over 130 exhibitors.
“I look forward to connecting with brokers across Ontario at this year’s Convention,” says Purcell. “Any broker who’s looking to take their business to the next level should attend.”
Visit ibao.org/convention for more information.