Mentorship is a great way to introduce new talent to the broker channel. You can make a tremendous difference for students who are exploring the idea of working for a brokerage or need guidance on how to begin their career.
STEPS TO BECOMING A MENTOR:
1. Sign up by completing this online application form.
2. You will be notified when a match occurs
3. Upon receiving a match, review your broker mentor toolkit.
4. Introductions to your mentee will take place via email by an IBAO staff member.
5. Structure your mentor/mentee meet-ups on your own terms. IBAO does not enforce a specific meet-up structure.
6. To close out the mentoring term, the broker mentor will receive a short online evaluation.
"The IBAO Mentorship program put me in a position where I was able to coach and offer advice to a young and eager future insurance broker! The program helped refresh my excitement as a broker and it felt awesome to be offering meaningful advice to a person who genuinely cares about the future of their career."
Ben Stiller, National Truck League Insurance Brokers
Who can be a Mentor?
- Owner/Sr. Managers
- Experienced brokers
- brokers with under 5 years of experience
- Must be an IBAO member broker
What is the time commitment required?
Each college has set a different mentoring program “term”. Depending on which college the student you are matched with comes from, the Mentorship Program will run for a single term within the months of October to April.
- The number of times you meet with your mentee will be determined between you and your student match. Setting the meet up structure is 100% dictated by you and your mentee. IBAO does not monitor or enforce a specific meet-up structure.
Which Ontario Colleges are currently participating in this program?
- Centennial College (GTA Based) – mentor program runs November 2021 – March 2022
- Conestoga College (Kitchener/Waterloo Based) – mentor program runs January – March 2022
- Fanshawe College (London Based) – mentor program runs October – December 2021
- Humber College (GTA Based) – mentor program runs November 2021 – March 2022
- Lambton College (Sarnia/Mississauga Based) – mentor program runs October – December 2021
How does the matching process work?
IBAO will review all applications and make the matches based on the information provided. Matches will be based on availability, career goals/interests of the student, geography and the professional experience of the mentor. All applicants will receive notification of their match by email.
If you have further inquires, please reach out to Gabriela Bejarano at firstname.lastname@example.org