Sharing his work from his book, Hyperfocus: How to Be More Productive in a World of Distraction, Chris explored what the true nature of productivity is and how we can best achieve it.
“The more overstimulated our mind is, the shorter our attention span will be. On average, we focus on one thing for 40 seconds before we switch to something else.”
So how do we calm an overstimulated mind? Chris provided a two-week challenge to try with the following steps:
- Limit screen time, especially first thing in the morning
- Experience boredom—let your mind wander.
- Rediscover the analog—get your news from a physical newspaper
A simple technique Chris recommends to achieve productivity greatness is using the Rule of Three:
- First, write down three things you want to accomplish today.
- Second, write three things you want to accomplish this week.
- Third, write three things you want to achieve this year.
To learn more about Chris’s work, check out his website, A Life of Productivity.
Chris’ keynote, as well as the other three talks from our #TogetherAtHome series will be available as eLearning courses in My IBAO Learning Path by next week.