IBAO Members can access COVID-19 resources and communications in the COVID-19 folder of our Member Resource Library, including instructions to access our COVID-19 Insurer Response Chart. If IBAO Members have questions or comments, submit them here.
- Want to know the current status of COVID-19 in Ontario? Find it at Ontario.ca.
- Are you experiencing symptoms? Take the government’s Self-Assessment.
- Have questions about occupational health and safety? Find answers at Canada.ca.
- Looking for resources for small and medium-sized businesses? The government has some here.
- Know a business that that could use some rent assistance? The government is accepting applications here.
- Know individuals in need of assistance? There are many government programs that can help.
- How is the government helping students and recent grads? Check out their student support package.
- How is the government helping not-for-profits and charities? Here’s info on their support fund.
Returning to the Office
The Ontario Government announced a three-phased approach to reopening the economy, which might mean returning to the office and/or reopening your brokerage to the public. They created an online resource to help businesses procure the necessary PPE they’ll need to reopen safely. Here are a few other resources for IBAO Members:
- Aa customizable template of Returning to Work Guidelines that employers can update and share with their staff
- An eLearning course on Returning to the Office Post Covid
- Discounted cleaning services for your brokerage offices
IBAO Education Updates
Keeping learning opportunities available for members and aspiring brokers through social distancing mandates and measures is top priority.
- All previously scheduled in-person courses are continuing in a virtual classroom using Zoom. This includes RIBO L1 Licensing and CAIB.
- All exams are postponed until further notice. This includes RIBO L1, RIBO L2 and CAIB.
- Given the gap between courses and exams, we’re hosting a free exam refresh course to all registered students for RIBO L1 and CAIB courses. Refresh courses will be scheduled once online or in-person exams have been put in place.
- Online courses will continue to run as usual, with exams postponed until further notice.