IBAO Members can access COVID-19 resources and communications in the COVID-19 folder of our Member Resource Library, including instructions to access our COVID-19 Insurer Response Chart. If IBAO Members have questions or comments, submit them here.
- Want to know the current status of COVID-19 in Ontario? Find it at Ontario.ca.
- Want to see how Canada is doing compared to the rest of the world? Visit Our World in Data.
- Want to know when you’ve potentially been exposed to the virus? Download the Covid Alert app.
- Are you experiencing symptoms? Take the government’s Self-Assessment.
- Have questions about occupational health and safety? Find answers at Canada.ca.
- Looking for resources for small and medium-sized businesses? The government has some here.
- Know a business that could use rent assistance? The government is accepting applications here.
- Know individuals in need of assistance? There are many government programs that can help including an extension of the tax deadline.
- How is the government helping students and recent grads? Check out their student support package.
- How is the government helping not-for-profits and charities? Here’s info on their support fund.
- Is your business looking to expand its online presence? Assistance is available.
Returning to the Office
The Ontario Government announced a three-phased approach to reopening the economy, which means different phases of returning to the office and/or reopening your brokerage to the public. They created an online resource to help businesses procure the necessary PPE they’ll need to reopen safely. Here are a few other resources for IBAO Members:
- Customizable Returning to Work Guidelines that employers can update and share with their staff
- An e-Learning course on Returning to the Office Post Covid
- Discounted cleaning services for your brokerage offices
IBAO Education Updates
Keeping learning opportunities available for members and aspiring brokers through social distancing mandates and measures is top priority.
- All previously scheduled in-person courses are continuing in a virtual classroom using Zoom. This includes RIBO L1 Licensing and CAIB.
- RIBO is now accepting exam applications with two options:
- Taking the exam online through RIBO for $250. Time slots are limited. To book this option, submit an application to RIBO directly using their online form or by mail.
- Writing the exam in person through IBAO for $180. IBAO students can book their in-person paper exam by emailing email@example.com.
- Given the gap between courses and exams, we’re hosting a free exam refresh course for all registered students for RIBO L1 and CAIB courses. Refresh courses will be scheduled once online or in-person exams have been put in place.
- Online courses are running as usual.