Top 10 Reasons to Attend #IBAO17
1. We’ve been planning it all year. Literally from the Monday following last year’s Convention we were back at the table discussing what worked and how we could up the inspiration and engagement at this year’s event. We listened to your feedback, chatted with our sponsors and have created a more effective, more valuable event.
2. We’re in Ottawa for Canada 150. And we intend to celebrate with true Canadiana woven throughout all aspects of the event. The city’s seen some impressive developments and is hosting once-in-a-lifetime experiences in light of the occasion and we plan on taking full advantage once the weekend hits – this year beginning on Friday.
3. That’s right! We’ve shortened this 97th Annual Convention to 2 jam-packed days. No more Friday morning education sessions or town halls; the schedule’s been rejigged to start your weekend early. We’ve always wanted to end with a bang on Hospitality Night – this year we’re doing it.
4. Keynote John Herdman, Head Coach of the Canadian Women’s Soccer Team who won bronze at the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and gold at the 2011 Pan Am Games. Find out what high performance culture looks like, how you can implement learnings from a high performance team and leverage your role as a leader to inspire trust, confidence and success within your brokerage.
5. BIP Talks – Ted Talk inspired presentations from experts inside and outside the industry. Hear from Google Canada Head of Marketing Fab Dolan, Networking Strategist Derek Coburn, BMO Business Finance Expert Colin Clahane and Auto Insurance Adviser David Marshall in these half-hour presentations that will impact your business.
6. Our app is back. Remember last year’s app? It was Facebook on steroids. This year’s going to be crazier.
7. Insurer Town Halls. These were a hit last year but took place on dreaded Friday morning. This year we’ve created a full insurer lineup starting with our CEO Panel – a similar take on last year’s success with former journalist Jim Harris putting CEOs in the hot seat, Insurer Town Halls in the afternoon (hot seat #2) and beloved Hospitality Night wrapping this event the way it should be. FYI we’ve heard things are Canadian themed this year.
8. Our tradeshow, bigger than ever before with 125+ exhibitors.
9. Electric Blonde. Traci Boland. Come on.