A national designation self-study program featuring three streams – Personal Lines, Commercial Lines and Broker Management. Gain practical knowledge, broaden your insurance career and become specialized by focusing your expertise and getting a national designation.
* For each stream you must complete three mandatory IBAO courses (listed below) offered in January, May and September each year, and three elective courses taken through recognized colleges and universities * CREDIT TRANSFERS – if you’ve already fulfilled elective requirements, submit course description(s) and transcripts for approval ($55/course to transfer)
* PRE-APPROVAL OF ELECTIVE COURSES – before taking a course, submit course description(s) for approval
* Copies of official transcripts must be submitted for all completed courses ($55/course)
* Individuals must have their CAIB or CIP designation to qualify
* Use of the designation is restricted to licenced Property & Casualty brokers who are IBAO members
The deadline to enroll is the first day of the semester (registrations received afterwards are subject to a $50 late fee). If ordered with registration, course materials will be mailed 2–3 weeks after you register. The deadline to enroll in a resit exam is one month before the exam (no late registrations accepted). Transfers, changes + cancellations are accepted 1 month prior. Credit’s given following successful completion of the exam at the end of the semester. Contact Martina to submit post-secondary transcripts for approval – 416.488.7422 x119.